It’s no secret our workouts make you sore, but there’s no reason to ache so much that you can’t kick it by the end of the week. We brought in stretching experts to show us and our 9Round family how to avoid the pain while helping you achieve maximum muscle performance.
Remember that all of these should be done for 15-30 seconds. If you start with these ten simple stretches before any workout, we promise you’ll be feeling better in no time.
- Running in place. We know it’s a no-brainer, but it warms you up by activating your hip flexors, calves, as well as preparing the core.
- Jumping Jacks. Keep your heart rate rising while activating your hip abductors and adductors.
- Forward & Backwards Windmills. These warm up the joints in your shoulders and enable your arms to punch harder.
- Forward Lunge w/ Diagonal Twist. These work your quadriceps, hamstrings and core.
- Drop Lunge. This will enhance the stretching and warming up in your glutes.
- Side Lunge w/ Overhead Reach. For a little extra kick in your lats and adductors.
- Inverted Hamstring. This helps improve your balance and stabilization.
- Lunge w/ calf raise. Yes, more glutes.
- Back Extensions. These will loosen up the lower back.
- Standing Quad Stretch. Lastly, loosen up your quads.
We hope these help and have you 9Round ready!